Friday, August 6, 2010

Childrens Day 7

Elizabeth is sleeping after her feeding, so I will try to update everyone.

The sleeping meds didn't seem to change much in Elizabeth's sleeping pattern. Also last night Elizabeth was not only able to get to her knees in bed but stand too, I had been trying to keep the feeding tube from getting tangled and keep Elizabeth from getting out of the bed, sticking legs/arms between the mattress and railings. At about 5 am after about an hour I called the nurse for help, a couple nurses showed up and decided to get rid of the bed and put the mattress on a mat on the floor in the corner of the room and disconnect the feeding tube (still inserted just capped off) till morning. Elizabeth and I were both able to get some sleep as I was able lie beside the bed on the mat knowing she would wake me if she started to move.

P8050056.JPG

Here is mum checking out the new sleeping arrangements.

So now we have switched from feeding a small amount all the time to 4 faster feedings. She does seem quite agitated when the feeding is happening not sure if it is the equipment or the attention. I hope the 4 am feeding goes good other wise they will slow down the rate which will increase the time.

P8050058.JPG

I am back tonight, Elizabeth didn't look that comfortable but she was sleeping.

We have a meeting Monday at Sunny Hill a rehab center so we can see it and maybe find out if Elizabeth can get in there.

I guess I should get some rest too.

No comments:

Post a Comment